[mythtv-users] Skip-ahead acting weird after FC10 upgrade

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:42:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2009 10:47 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> On 10/22/2009 10:37 PM, Larry K wrote:
>>

>>> # uname -a
>>> 2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686
>>>
>>> Shouldn't my lirc kmdl also be fc10, not fc9?
>>>
>>> Hmmm. I may have sorta answered my own question. Sin I am running fc10:
>>>
>>> Well, it looks like this kmdl package is left over from the fc9
>>> install. It has no dependencies, so I can probably just remove it. I
>>> just read that lirc is now part of the fedora baseline, so it isn't
>>> provided by atrpms anymore.
>>>
>>> Anyway, notwithstanding this red herring, I still have the as-yet
>>> unexplained lirc behavior...
>>>

>> $ rpm -q lirc
>>
>> There was a bunk version that made its way into F10 for a while, but
>> there's a newer package in either updates or updates-testing that fixes
>> things (basically, the lirc drivers in the 2.6.27.x F10 kernels need
>> lirc 0.8.4 or earlier userspace, things go haywire with 0.8.5 and later).
>>

> Er, wait, you said its "acting weird", not failing to function entirely.
> You've got a different problem then. What receiver?

Yes, lirc is working most of the time.  It's just the occasional error that
causes myth to weird out on me.  If I press skip-ahead say 10 times
repeatedly, I'll get maybe one bad code transmitted and then myth gets into
the wrong menu and then the wife yells at me for it.

I am using the Hauppauge PVR-250 IR receiver.  I have a Xantech connecting
block that I use to get the IR signal into my equipment cabinet.  The
emitter from the Xantech is positioned in close proximity to the Hauppauge
IR receiver.

All of this has worked fine for several years.  The issues started after the
fc10 upgrade.