[mythtv-users] MythTV, 1080P, NVidia, DVI to HDMI

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 02:54:50 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 10/22/09, Jarom McDonald <jarom_mcdonald at byu.edu> wrote:

> a) Some TVs do not allow you to have an HDMI input with a
> separate audio feed. Check your Panasonic's HDMI inputs to
> see.

OK, the Panny manual shows some dotted lines to use separate audio on HDMI (and the spec says "Analog audio input (for HDMI): yes".  But assuming I want to do audio over HDMI (to save a cable or be digital perhaps), can someone recommend a good VDPAU capable card (available from NewEgg) that works with the SPDIF passthrough, MythTV, and a Panny 2009 plasma panel.  There must be someone :>

Any advice appreciated.