[mythtv-users] Skip-ahead acting weird after FC10 upgrade

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:20:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wow!  Is this only happening to me?  That seems really bizarre since I am
> > running pre-packaged binaries.  No custom code here....
>
> Could it be an lirc problem?  Does it happen with the keyboard, or
> just the remote?  If you run irw, does it show consistent and correct
> remote codes being received?
>
> Jim

Jim,

That is a very good question.  Sorry for the delay with my response.

I don't use the keyboard except to restart X or whatever occasional
intervention might be required, but it appears to be working fine.

When I run irw, and recreate the scenario where I repeatedly press the skip
forward button, which is supposed to be interpreted as vcr81 RIGHT, I see
some occasional errors.  Once in a while, I see MENU, and occasionally,
LEFT.   I was not able (with irw testing) to see the command that invokes
the myth speed adjust (vcr81 MUTE maps to myth command "A" since I don't use
volume control with myth), but I have no doubt that it must be doing that
code by mistake too.

Anyway, this could explain why Myth is acting weird lately, but I still
wonder why lirc would start misbehaving after the fc10 upgrade.

Here is my lirc package list:

# rpm -qa | grep lirc
lirc-kmdl-2.6.26.6-79.fc9-0.8.4a-81.fc9.i686
lirc-0.8.5-2.fc10.i386
lirc-devices-0.8-4.fc10.noarch
lirc-libs-0.8.5-2.fc10.i386

Appreciate any thoughts on this....