[mythtv-users] converting master backend to slave; configuring backend w/o X server

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:33:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a small server (always online, mysql server for mythtv, apache
with mythweb, no X server) and a mythbox (combined backend and
frontend).

No other backends/frontends are available.

I would like to make this small server to my master backend only (no
frontend) and convert my current mythbox to a slave backend/frontend.
I have two questions before I start with work:

1. Is there a way configure backend on my server without X server?
2. How do I "convert" master backend to a slave?

Thanks