[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 MythCenter Widescreen Theme problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 22 17:55:16 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 12:06 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Ken Bass says:
>
>> Secondly, the color/shading when an item is selected is so subtle
>> that it is almost impossible to know which item has focus in the
>> setup screens. You kinda have to navigate by feel by using the help
>> text at the bottom to try to guess which item has focus.
> This is due to the combination of the widget and theme choices. The
> Windows widget setting is, in my experience, the most visible on most
> themes, but is not perfect; in Terra spinbox buttons are highlighted
> properly but other buttons and checkboxes aren't, for example.

How right you are.  Thanks for spotting this.  I had never tried the 6 +
1 different values for the Qt Style setting, so I didn't realize that
the choice of style had such a huge impact on usability and that
changing it required the themer to do separate testing of the qtlook.txt
(and that the default was virtually useless--even after the qtlook.txt
update we just got for Terra after the last thread on this topic).

Since there's no reason to force a themer to do 6x the testing (+1 for
"Desktop Style"--which uses whatever the user's system Qt style is set
to, meaning /any/ Qt style in existence) and since we're moving /all/
the stuff currently governed by the setting to actually use
mythui/themed widgets, this setting doesn't make a lot of sense.  So,
momentarily, I'll be removing the setting, and I'll make it always use
the Windows style, which--as you said--is the only one that works for
all widget types with the qtlook.txt for Terra and MythCenter*.

Thanks,
Mike