[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 22 17:43:19 UTC 2009

Phill Wiggin wrote:
> However; I, for one, won't use your theme because of the non-free font,
> not because of the license you chose for the theme itself.  I'm no
> cheapskate, but the longer I use Linux, the more of a 'FOSS Snob' I
> become. But even before then, I refused to pay for fonts.

The problem is the best, most common fonts are usually not
free-as-in-speech.  At best they're free-as-in-beer.  There are a lot of
free novelty fonts, not so many free body fonts that look good.  That's
why so many people end up downloading Microsoft's font pack when they
install Linux.

I think good but pedestrian-looking fonts just aren't something the FOSS
community considers "fun," and in FOSS if it's not fun for someone it
doesn't get done.