[mythtv-users] MythVideo .22RC1 playback errors

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:52:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you build seektables for these videos?
>>
>> mythcommflag --rebuild --video /path/to/the/file.ext
>

> No. I will try that and see what happens. Is this something I would
> need to do for every video? Any automated way to make sure they all
> have one?

Not for every video, but for those filetypes that support it, it can
drastically improve seeking and avoid some of the problems you are
seeing-- basically we try to use myth's seeking method and if that
fails, we fall back to the (slow, and admittedly our implementation of
it is imperfect) libav* seeking method.

My rule of thumb is to always run it on MPEG containers, and never run
it on MKV.  Hopefully for .23 it should be possible to trigger a
seektable rebuild from MythVideo itself.

Robert