[mythtv-users] .22RC Moving the art directories?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:42:23 UTC 2009

> When you say metadata - does that include seek table information (since we need
> to build those for some formats of video)

I believe the seek table is stored in the mysql database.

> As a hint: Using the same artwork directories for both storage groups and non-storage
> group options would prevent redownloading previously grabbed artwork (correct?)

As I understand it these would be mutually exclusive, i.e. the artwork
for local stored videos will go to the directories setup in the
frontend and artwork for storage group videos would go to the
directories setup in storage groups. So you wouldn't have a situation
where you were redownloading the same artwork.

> Can one use the move features of Jamu be used to move videos from non-storage groups to storage
> groups?  If so how? (even if not -- it maybe useful to use this feature to rename ones collection in order to make reloading metadata more seamless)

Good question. Adding the videos to the storage group should be easy,
you just add the folder to the storage group. Maintaining the metadata
through the move is I think what you are really interested in
accomplishing.