[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Thu Oct 22 11:34:35 UTC 2009

2009/10/22 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> BTW, with mythtv 0.22, I really can't see the use for mplayer anymore ..

Well if the Internal myth player supports VDPAU and 5.1 sound out of SPDIF
on a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H then I'll try switching and see how I get on.

I'm assuming by setting the separate GUI/Video playback setting discussed in
this thread (along with your mouse fix) it should auto adjust the refresh
rate for the content being played as required, thereby trumping mplayer to
some extent.

Currently I use Boxee for managing the mythvideo typical content as I find
its media naming and detection is almost always correct.

Cheers,
Steve.