[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:20:10 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/10/22 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:
> I also played with Myth to use a separate resolution for GUI and playback.
>  It was switching resolution (my screen blinks indicating a new resolution
> has been set) but while watching Live TV I had a mouse pointer planted
> centrally on the screen that I could not move.  Is this something you've
> seen before?

Yes, this is something that started to appear from 9.04.

Before starting myth, I run the following command:
/usr/bin/xwit -root -warp 1920 1080

The positioned the mouse in the bottom right corner, so it's almost
invisible. I say almost because there's is still a while pixel staying
on in the corner.

I'm not sure what cause the problem, as soon as you call xrandr, the
mouse cursor reappear.

Jean-Yves