[mythtv-users] re-recording after hard drive crash

Curtis Porter curtis.porter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:42:16 UTC 2009

Curtis Porter wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/22/2009 01:06 AM, Curtis Porter wrote:
>>> Nevermind, I figured it out -- it's not bad at all.  In case it can
>>> help someone else:
>>> Go to the "Watch Recordings" screen, highlight "All Programs", hit
>>> "m" for the menu, and choose "Add to playlist".  Then hit "m" again
>>> and choose "Playlist options" and then "Delete and Re-Record".
>>
>> Yep.  That's definitely the best way.
> Ok, now I'm confused though -- I guess I spoke to soon because after
> doing this on my backend machine, the recordings still show up on my
> frontend.  I tried running the "touch" script again and sure enough,
> the entries are still in the database.  I'm sure I'm doing something
> silly but can't think what it would be.  I set the permissions on all
> the "touched" files to 0666, so I wouldn't think that could cause
> problems...
>
> Curtis
Ok, I figured out that mystery.  So for anyone else that has the
misfortune of needing to do this, the backend will do the actual
deletion of your recordings in the background, even though the frontend
shows they disappear immediately.  It seems that if you delete the
"touched" files before it finishes, it will abort, and you end up with
the remainder of them popping back up in your recording list :)  I can
see them slowly disappearing by running "ls" in my recordings directory.

Curtis