[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:00:30 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/10/22 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:
> dish of alignment).  My main problem is mplayer which I know its a bit OT
> but is there any specific configuration you use with your svn builds of
> mplayer to tell it to play back HD rips smoothly?  I have all the usual "-vo
> vdpau -fs" etc in the command line but nothing specifically relating to
> playback refresh rates in there..

With mplayer, you'll have to change the refresh rate *before* starting mplayer
Use xrandr -r <refresh_rate>

it you type xrandr alone, you'll see the list of refresh rate available

I wrote a wmplayer script, that first check the refresh rate of the
video you want to play, then call xrandr appropriately.

You'll have to edit the script and set the refresh rate available for
*your* machine...

If you used the xorg.conf I posted on my site, then you can use it as is