[mythtv-users] HDhomerun or PVR 2250

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Oct 21 22:02:32 UTC 2009

Bobby Gill wrote:
>     I agree.  I purchased mine just a few weeks ago or so after some
>     research.  I'm just getting going on Myth, etc (recording OTA TV so
>     far), and am really glad I went with the HDHR.  Easy setup, easy
>     operation, no card hassles, no conflicts.  Tuners work very well,
>     and have received OTA channels when my Samsung choked on them.
>

> Noob question: Does one need the whole antenna setup if using the HDHR?

Not if you are going to use it for clear QAM from cable.
But yes, if you intend to grab OTA broadcast.

Note that the hdhomerun has no decryption facility. You will need other
routes to grab HD digital from an encrypted set-top-box source. That
requires completely different hardware considerations.

But for OTA its EASY!

Geoff

-