[mythtv-users] The "right" way for non-dev users to test 0.22 RC1?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:42:00 UTC 2009

> 1. What should I check (or nuke) to ensure mysql, apache, and the system
> libraries are ready for 0.22 RC1 (or MythTV in general)?

If you want to start from scratch you can drop your mythconverg
database from mysql.

> 2. Are the developers in agreement that 0.22 RC1 is ready to be tested "as
> if" it could actually become a release?  Or is it really more of a mis-named
> beta?  Would you instead recommend I wait a while on 0.22, and work with
> 0.21-fixes instead?

There are some known bugs still being worked on. You can see if you
think it is ready for you by looking at trac:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/report/3. It is my understanding that they
were trying to get the official release out before or with Ubuntu 9.10
which comes out next week.