[mythtv-users] trunk: mythvideo hanging at "loading videos"

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:46:16 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 10/21/2009 03:27 PM, Ma Begaj wrote:

>>> Sounds like an NFS-mounted file system that was mounted with the hard
>>> option
>>> (or, not explicitly mounted with the soft option--as hard is the
>>> default).
>>>
>>> I'm not suggesting changing this (as there's good reason to use hard
>>> mounts), but simply saying what you see is exactly what would happen in
>>> that
>>> case, and there's really nothing Myth could do about it.
>>
>> This is CIFS (samba) mount and it was offline even before I turned on
>> my mythbox (combined be/fe). File server was not mounted and later
>> umounted, it was just not online at all and frontend was not able to
>> see it at any moment.
>
> Some kind of autofs type thing, then?

only this in fstab. it mounts it on boot if it is available:
//fserve/videos         /mnt/DVDs             cifs
auto,defaults,username=xxx,password=yyy          0 0

I booted my box and /mnt/DVDs was not mounted because fserve was offline.

> Basically, if it's just an empty or missing path on the file system, Myth
> gets an error and stops looking at it.

That should happen and that was always like that until I upgraded to
the latest trunk.

> So, I can't see /any/ way it could
> be a bug in myth--it's likely a file system configuration issue of some sort
> on your system.

Well, if the application is is just hanging and showing "loading
videos" message and not reacting to any keys... it sounds to me like
an application bug.