[mythtv-users] hulu / youtube cpu requirements

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:13:22 UTC 2009

> > widely reported that an Atom system will not be up to the task, but will
>> > Celeron 430 (1.8Ghz, I have one of these sitting around) be up to the
>> task?
>> > If not, what processor should I go with, given that I already have
>> > processorless LGA 775 and LGA 1366 ready to be put to the task?

I have an AMD 3200 which is 2Ghz.  I can play those streams, but I can't
play them full screen.  I have a 1080p monitor, and flash must not do very
efficient scaling either.  So I find that 2Ghz is enough to decode the
stream, but resizing it to anything over 500 pixels high puts even my system
over the top and the stream is choppy enough that I can't watch it.