[mythtv-users] 100% CPU usage in Watch Recordings

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Oct 21 05:29:10 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 12:30:27 am Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/21/2009 12:25 AM, David Asher wrote:

> >> Yes, this is the expected behavior.  Some themes require more
> >> resources than others.  If your system isn't powerful enough to keep
> >> up with the theme you've chosen, you should choose a different theme
> >> that uses fewer resources.
> >
> > It is expected that while sitting doing nothing in Watch Recordings to
> > utilize 100% CPU ?
> >
> > The only thing going on is the alphapulse of the "All Programs" button...
>
> Yes*.
>
> *Dependent on CPU.

No.  It should not be using more than a couple % CPU just sitting there idle.
If it's using a bunch of CPU, it's likely that you're using the opengl painter
with software rendering (ie, switch to the qt painter, that's why it exists),
or someone broke something quite major in the UI code (file a good bug report).

Isaac