[mythtv-users] hulu / youtube cpu requirements

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:41:46 UTC 2009

After a year of frustration with my Dish DVR, I am plotting a return to
MythTV.  I am in the process of speccing out a front end, and I am wondering
how much processor I need to handle hulu desktop and youtube HD.   It has
widely reported that an Atom system will not be up to the task, but will a
Celeron 430 (1.8Ghz, I have one of these sitting around) be up to the task?
If not, what processor should I go with, given that I already have
processorless LGA 775 and LGA 1366 ready to be put to the task?

--
Chris Ribe