[mythtv-users] HDhomerun or PVR 2250

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Wed Oct 21 04:36:17 UTC 2009

I have been using an HVR-1250 (QAM only) for 6 months without issue
(with a 2.6.24 kernel at the time of purchase).  No driver compilation
necessary.  My understanding is that the NTSC does not work with the
current driver and if it did the video would be uncompressed (meaning
mythtv would have to do the compression).  Very solid card for me.

I just purchased an HVR-2250 and installed it 2 days ago.  I had to
compile the drivers for my 2.6.28 kernel.  Again, QAM use only because
the driver does not support NTSC currently.  One issue with the driver:
I had to specify "card=7" for my particular card, probably because it is
a newer model.  Other than that, it seems like a great card.

Bob