[mythtv-users] re-recording after hard drive crash

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:20:03 UTC 2009

> delete from recorded;
> update oldrecorded set duplicate=0 where recstatus= -3;
>
> My hope is that doing that will cause myth to forget that it has recorded
> everything I just lost recordings for, and my existing recording rules will
> then cause it to re-record most of what I lost.  Am I missing anything or
> about to royally screw up my database?

I don't think you need to mess with your database directly. You can
just delete the affected recordings with the "delete and allow
rerecord". I had the same problem a while back. There were some issues
to do it with a whole bunch of recordings using a playlist, but it
worked well. Read through this thread to see how I worked it out and
for suggestions that others gave:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/374203.