[mythtv-users] The "right" way for non-dev users to test 0.22 RC1?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 21 00:31:15 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 20:00:38 Bob Cunningham wrote:
> On 10/20/2009 03:51 PM, Johnny wrote:
> >> Come on, something that fundamental should not have required Google to find.
> >>   I would have expected a change to the FIRST STEP of installation to be
> >> somewhere on the wiki in large, bold print.
> >
> > The mythtv devs don't make or provide packages for the various
> > distributions. If the packaging changed that is a decision of the
> > person who is making your packages. I would look at their docs and
> > complain to them.

Furthermore, the packaging didn't change. The RPM Fusion mythtv
packages have *NEVER* had a package named mythtv-suite in them, the
base meta-package has always simply been named mythtv. This would
appear to be an end-user mixing packages from two different and
incompatible 3rd-party package repos (ATrpms and RPM Fusion) without
understanding the consequences of their actions.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com