[mythtv-users] Deciding whether to go with storage groups for videos or not with .22

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:39:57 UTC 2009

> The bulk of my DVD collection has also been ripped to ISOs. Any
> suggestions on a quick/lossless method to convert these to something
> like MKV? It'd be nice to find a command-line tool that I could use to
> just loop through all my ISO files...

It won't be lossless. You could convert them to high quality H264
which would preserve very high quality. Handbrake is very popular and
works really well. I haven't use the command line interface to script
it but it does have that option. You basically setup a profile for how
you want your movies transcoded and then when you are happy with that
you could tell it to use that profile.