[mythtv-users] nVidia ION motherboards - Single- or Dual-Core?

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:38:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> What was never really answered for me was whether the single core was
>>> up to the new myth-ui stuff.
>>>
>>> Does anyone on this list have a comment on that?
>>
>> Trunk works just fine with Graphite, Blue-Abstract, Terra and
>> MythBuntu themes on a single-core Atom.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Don't suppose you have any experiance of XBMC on a single core atom?

No experience with XBMC on it, no. My system is running from a USB
key, Mythdora 10.21 with SVN laid on top. I haven't tried Graphite in
a few weeks, but Mythbuntu (which I use now) loads the same
fanart/backgrounds and it works fine. There was a bunch of work done
to improve the caching/displaying of fanart in the mythvideo section,
and it seems to be quite responsive now.

Tom