[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Oct 20 13:09:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, October 20, 2009 12:45 pm, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Excellent, thanks Dave. I'll try that out when the unit arrives.... Should
> have been today but they stuffed up delivery :(
> Cheers
> Bruce

You might find this thread helps a little -

In addition to the macro modes, the following in xorg.conf:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-0"

You probably also need to export the EDID data from within the NVIDIA
Settings GUI. Save it the edid.bin to your home directory e.g.
~/.nVidia-edid/edid.bin. Then add the following to your xorg.conf -

Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/home/mythtv/.nVidia-edid/edid.bin"