[mythtv-users] Firewire problem with Shaw Cable

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 23:44:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Tim Korsrud <public at korsrud.com> wrote:

> The DCT-6200 has always had zero length recordings on certain channels.
>  While the pace box was better at recording all of the channels.  Nothing I
> seem to do now with retstarting mythtv or the cable box seems to get the
> pace box working again.  I am pretty sure it did not say disabled in the
> pace diagnostics page, but I can't remember for sure, as it has been a while
> since I looked at it.

Gee, now I wish I had invested in Pace equipment rather than Motorola.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but rebooting the whole
machine has sometimes fixed firewire issues for me in the past.

Also, I assume you've tried the firewire primer script as well?  I've
got my set-up rerunning that firewire priming script every half-hour
when it's not recording.