[mythtv-users] Seeking with .m2ts files

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:02:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Steve Harrington
<mythlist at the-harringtons.org> wrote:
> Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Steve Harrington
>> <mythlist at the-harringtons.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I was trying out a .m2ts file on 0.22 RC1 yesterday and noticed that FF
>>> and
>>> skip didn't work.  After some digging I uncovered ticket 6752
>>> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6752), which is closed but the
>>> resolution
>>> is a bit ambiguous.  Do I have to build a seek table in order to have
>>> seeking work, or does this feature get implemented later on, in .23
>>> perhaps?
>> Correct, you need to build a seektable.
>> Robert
> Thank you Robert.  The other thing I noticed was I could not get sound when
> using TrueHD.  Do you experience the same issue?  When converting to AC3 the
> sound plays fine, but I'd rather keep the sound in its original format.
> Steve

Depending on what you are running (trunk versus .22-fixes) they will
behave differently.  For 8 channel audio the only option right now is
to use the realtime conversion to AC3 (found in trunk only) as there
are a ton of portions of myth's code that are hard coded to assume 2
or 6 channel audio.