[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 report

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Oct 19 19:16:25 UTC 2009

Jason Spears wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Andy Colson <andy at squeakycode.net
> <mailto:andy at squeakycode.net>> wrote:
>
>     andy wrote:
>
>         Johnny wrote:
>
>                 Oh, there it is.  I've never used it from there... had
>                 to even search my
>                 remote for the "info" button.  When sitting on a
>                 recording you could hit
>                 right arrow ( --> ) and it would open a menu with play,
>                 delete, etc.  That's
>                 how I used to do it, but now right arrow toggles between
>                 the groups and the
>                 shows.
>

>             I remember reading that the right arrow shortcut had to be
>             changed
>             because of the changes with the new mythUI. There is much
>             more freedom
>             in the way things can be laid out and organized on screen by the
>             themes. So it didn't work to tie the right arrow to that submenu
>             anymore. At least that was what I understood.
>

>         Well, yes, after seeing the new default theme, that totally
>         makes since.
>         Humm.. I seem to have lost pageup/pagedown on the OSD.  I used
>         to use 3 and 9.  Looks like its page up and page down now.  But
>         I dont have a remote control with page up and page down keys.
>          Looks like I'll have to remap some things.
>
>         -Andy
>

>     Oh!  You can type in a number to go to that channel.  I like that.
>      I think that's worth loosing the 3/9 as pgup/pgdown.
>

> Sounds like 0.22 makes enough fundamental UI changes that we need a
> transition guide to help prevent WAF falloff.
>
> Jason

Below my FF and RW buttons I have FRONT and END buttons that I'd never used.  I mapped them in lirc to pgup/pgdown.

I told my gf about the two changes (new pgup/pgdown, and 'info' button), then I showed her 0.22.  She liked it.  Myth still has a very high WAF.  ( I showed her a $90 wireless keyboard w/trackpad I wanted to buy so I didnt have to keep dragging my usb keyboard upstairs whenever I needed to type something.  She offered to pay half.  I love this freakin' project!)

I can start the ball rolling with a wiki page.  From the main page, is it ok if I create a new main category "Upgrading to 0.22" or something like that?  Not sure of the best place to put it on the wiki.

-Andy