[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Oct 19 08:51:40 UTC 2009

Richard Morton wrote:
> I find that the novat500board I have locks uip from time to time usually
> on a warm reboot and a complete shutdown including removing the power
> cable fixes it everytime,
> .

My Nova T 500 has never given me a single problem. Possibly that's
because every time I update my kernel, I download, build and install the
latest v4l-dvb drivers, as explained here:
And I use the latest firmware from here:

On the other hand, different versions use different chips, so I
may just have been lucky in which version I bought.