[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Mon Oct 19 03:09:45 UTC 2009

I'm trying to set up a new install using MythTV 0.22 RC1 & MythBuntu
9.10 utilizing the same hardware driving a working 9.04 system. The
tuner card is a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500

I definitely need to have the LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) turned on to get
sufficient signal for a lock. The following did the trick under
MythBuntu 9.04

In /etc/modprobe.d/options add:
options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
and then
sudo modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700

This didn't work on the new install. I then changed
/etc/modprobe.d/options to /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf as suggested by
the modprobe warning.

Again, no luck.

Can anyone help?

--
The GuiGuy

   ,-._|\
  /  Oz  \
  \_,--._/

They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant
boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French,
they are simply a nation of drunkards
(Marcus Clark - Englishman)

--
The GuiGuy