[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.22: How to scan for music?

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Mon Oct 19 01:28:00 UTC 2009

The GUIGuy wrote:

> However, how does one scan for music files now?

OK, this has to be a bug, surely;

The paths in General Settings for music are definitely valid.
Permissions are read/write everyone.

To double check I copied the paths out of  setup onto a command line and
   obtained a directory listing. No problem there, so we have to accept
the paths a valid. Has the ":" delimiter changed?

Here's the relevant part from the frontend log after I hit the Scan for
New Music button:

[quote]
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/menu-ui.xml

/usr/share/mythtv/musicmenu.xml

2009-10-19 12:16:29.223 MythMusic hasn't found any tracks! That's ok
with me if it's ok with you.
[/quote]

It isn't OK with me, so I wonder what to do next? Back to 0.21 for now,
I suppose?

Is there a log for MythMusic somewhere?

--
The GuiGuy