[mythtv-users] MythWeb not starting - config issue after updates

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:34:27 UTC 2009

Hi,
   I did some updates on my backend this week and since then MythWeb
isn't starting. The error message is shown, and line 105 in the config
file is the one that states:

php_value safe_mode                     0

   Is this a config error or is it possibly that some module required
by apache isn't loaded?

   In looking for solutions some folks say that this problem shows up
when something PHP isn't loaded, and others say to start editing the
config files by removing the offending lines and then making changes
to php.ini or some other files.

   What's the answer here? Are the Gentoo versions of the config files
wrong/out-of-date or do I not have something required on the system?
php and php-toolkit are loaded.

Thanks,
Mark

MacMini ~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
 * apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
Syntax error on line 105 of /etc/apache2/modules.d/mythweb.conf:
Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
MacMini ~ #

        <Files *.php>

        #  These settings are intended for apache 2.x.  If your
version of apache
        #  doesn't support php_value, or things like memory_limit aren't working
        #  as expected, then use these settings as examples for your own php.ini
        #  files.
            php_value safe_mode                     0

            php_value memory_limit                  32M

            php_value register_globals              0
            php_value magic_quotes_gpc              0
            php_value file_uploads                  0
            php_value allow_url_fopen               On

            php_value zlib.output_handler           Off
            php_value output_handler                NULL

        # Note: php_flag does not work in older versions of php
            php_flag output_handler                 "NULL"

        </Files>