[mythtv-users] Compiling plugins on pre-built mythtv

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:16:30 UTC 2009

Hi -

Is it possible to compile plugins manually, when using a pre-built
mythbuntu install? I'd prefer not to rebuild myth from source, and
assumed it would be possible to compile a plugin separately.

But when following instructions at
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Building_Plugins:HelloMyth> I get stuck at
the point which tells me I should have a file
"mythplugins/mythconfig.mak", which doesn't exist.

I tried running the ./configure in the svn checkout and got this message:

   ERROR: mythconfig.mak not found at /usr/local/include/mythtv/mythconfig.mak
   Did you make AND install MythTV first?
   Are you using the correct prefix (/usr/local) and sysroot ()?
   Bailing out!!

This is a very informative message (congrats devs!) but seems to
suggest that I can't build a myth plugin without rebuilding myth from
source - is that correct? (I installed package libmyth-dev and
retried, and got the same message)

Thanks
Dan
--