[mythtv-users] Control Lock Up During MythVideo Playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:21:24 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/10/18 Charles Mason <charlie.mas at gmail.com>:
> My second problem is that some videos playback without any audio. On
> the terminal there is a warning message that the sample rate is wrong.
> It was supposed to be 41000 but got 48000. Presumably Alsa isn't
> resampling it although I have no idea why.

Does your sound card supports 44.1kHz ?

If using HDMI, it will only support 48kHz.

If you upgrade to trunk, the audio will be upconverted if required, or
will set the sound card to the best available sampling rate.
If the audio needs to be upconverted from 44.1kHz to 48kHz, mythtv
will use libsamplerate (http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/index.html) which
provides much higher quality upsampling than ALSA

Jean-Yves