[mythtv-users] control mythfrontend from another machine?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Oct 18 04:45:10 UTC 2009

On 10/17/2009 15:37, Mache Creeger wrote:
> I would use tightVNC over ssh on the laptop to access the desktop on
> the myth FE. All you have to do is enable Remote Desktop on its GUI.

TightVNC cannot attach to an existing X11 server.  RealVNC 4.x and
x11vnc both have this capacity, but TightVNC requires you to start its
own server.  Further, TightVNC on linux does not have a GUI, besides a
very simple text entry box on the viewer to input the address and
password.  I have absolutely no idea where you would 'enable Remote
Desktop'.