[mythtv-users] tmdb.pl failing to search for most movie titles

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:59:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM, ken <dinoshifty at mailshack.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> After updating to 0.22 I am trying to update all video metadata, however
> tmdb.pl is failing to find results for approximately 95% of all searches.
> It will however fetch metadata if I enter the imdb number manually.
> Is anyone else experiencing similar problems.
>
> Thanks
> Ken

TMDB has been having trouble for the weekend, but the fact that you're
able to get info w/ an IMDB # means it's likely your titles are not
close enough to the actual film.  Not saying that they are, but if
your titles were something like...

$Title x264 xvid dvd l0l etc. etc.

Then that's not going to work.  The title field needs to be the actual
title of the film.

Robert