[mythtv-users] XBMC questions

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Oct 17 08:48:36 UTC 2009

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> the sticking point is music. So long as MythMusic retains it's current
>> interface, Myth will not be that GUI. It seems to me that MythMusic is "vi"
>> where I want 'gedit'.
>>

> I have to agree. If it wasn't for the music UI I would never have even
> considered using XBMC.

There wasn't time to convert MythMusic over to MythUI before the 0.22
release. The plan is to almost completely rewrite it hopefully before
the 0.23 release so  now would be a good time to put forward  your ideas
for how it should work. Stuart Morgan will most probably be doing most
of the work on this and reserves the right to have it work how he wants
but I'm sure that all good ideas will be considered. It most definitely
wont be a clone of XBMC if that is what you are hoping for though.

Paul H.