[mythtv-users] elementary MiroBridge error

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:28:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 15:19 -0400, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>> Greg,
>>     "config.xml" is a base MythTV database configuration file.
>
> My file is called "mysql.txt" that performs the same function (pointing
> to the database, seems to work for mythfrontend and mythbackend). Until
> now I have never heard of config.xml

mysql.txt is the legacy DB login information file.  It still exists
for use with legacy scripts but is not generated by myth itself any
more (which creates a config.xml when no mysql.txt or config.xml
exists).  It is deprecated and will ultimately no longer work.
config.xml is required for using the python bindings.

Robert