[mythtv-users] Hardware for Over the Air Digital

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Oct 16 16:07:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 02:04:16PM +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM, LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yep, Handbrake is my planned solution for this, though I don't know what to
> > use to strip the commercials first. MPEG Streamclip, I suppose. Daunting.
> >

> Whats wrong with myth's own tools for stripping commercials?

   Myth's MPEG4 transcoding is perfectly suitable for HD OTA MPEG2.

   Although Myth does seem to do poorly with signal defects. With a little
bit of "digital snow" in the picture the internal player tends to crash.
If anyone is interested in looking at this I will send along an example.

[deletia]

   I think h264 for compressing TV shows is overkill.