[mythtv-users] Import Announcement for people using my Ubuntu repository

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Fri Oct 16 09:29:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/10/16 Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org>:
> > I have been running release, aka deb
> > http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos jaunty release, and had a
> problem
> > updating.  If my reading of things is correct it looks like
> > mythtv-backend-master is requiring the other .22 packages.  For the time
> > being I used dselect to put the myth packages on hold.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.

http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/release/Packages.gz contains:

Package: mythtv-backend-master
Source: mythtv
Version: 2:0.22.0+trunk-22472-0ubuntu0
Architecture: all
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-mythtv at lists.ubuntu.com
Maintainer: MythTV Ubuntu Maintainers <ubuntu-mythtv at lists.ubuntu.com>
Installed-Size: 76
Pre-Depends: mysql-server
Depends: ntp | time-daemon | ntp-simple, mythtv-database (=
2:0.22.0+trunk-22472-0ubuntu0), mythtv-backend (=
2:0.22.0+trunk-22472-0ubuntu0)
Recommends: mythweb
Filename: release/mythtv-backend-master_0.22.0+trunk-22472-0ubuntu0_all.deb

> Of course all mythtv packages in testing require 0.22 packages ; you
> can't combine 0.21 with 0.22.

I don't have any .22 yet.

Thanks,
Chuck