[mythtv-users] 0.22 Release Candidate 1 available

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 16 03:48:56 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 11:21 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Indeed, good stuff. There should be 0.22-rc1 packages spit out of the RPM
>> Fusion build system Real Soon Now for Fedora 10, 11 and 12. (Yes, the F10
>> packages should work for MythDora 10.21 as well). For F10 and F11, they're
>> destined for the respective rpmfusion-free updates-testing repos. For F12,
>> the rpmfusion-free development repo. And before anyone asks, yes, all of
>> them include vdpau support as well.
>
> I didn't know MythTV RPMs were available from there.

They've been there for quite some time now. I was maintaining my own
packages for ages, and got talked into throwing them into RPM Fusion and
maintaining them there.

> I usually use Axel's. Which of the 2 repos do people recommend?

Different strokes for different folks. I like that RPM Fusion follows
the Fedora guidelines and model pretty strictly, but ATrpms is a bit
more nimble in what its able to provide. Both are quality repos though.

> Also, does RPM Fusion have MythTV RPMs for Centos 5.x?

Might eventually, but currently does not.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com