[mythtv-users] Hardware for Over the Air Digital

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Oct 16 01:16:52 UTC 2009

At 5:35 PM -0600 10/15/09, LuKreme wrote:
>On 15-Oct-2009, at 15:07, Travis Tabbal wrote:
>>The HDHR is small, and it has an IR receiver so you can use a normal remote
>>control for the Myth machine. I haven't used any internal cards, so I can't
>>really compare.
>
>ErŠ OK, I don't understand that. How does the IR receiver on the HDHR help? Doesn't it simply get controlled via the mythTV software? I don't have to manually tune/record do I?

Most people have an IR receiver in their frontend machine, but...

The HDHR receives IR commands from your favorite remote and can pass them across the network to LIRC running on your frontend.  LIRC decodes the IR pulses and passes commands to Myth.  Google LIRC for more and see

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/instructions/mythtv

for how to configure the HDHR.

Craig