[mythtv-users] UI feedback in 0.22

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:02:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>> Hmm.  After a reboot, the transition time into Watch Recordings is now
>> 4-5 seconds, where 1-2 seconds is in mythbackend which will eventually
>

> What do you see in your frontend logs and backend logs during that time?

Sorry, I forgot to answer this before.  The backend log, at its
default verbose setting (important,general?) showed practically
nothing.  The frontend log, with "-v all", showed plenty of mysql
queries, lots of somewhat interesting messages but nothing that stood
out as errors.  I can search for something specific if you have
something in mind.

The most interesting thing I noticed is that it appears the frontend
is asking for data on all recordings, regardless of the display
filter.  In my case, that is almost 1000 recordings.  Processing that
much data in new code that hasn't been tuned and optimized yet seems
to be a good explanation.

Jim