[mythtv-users] mythshutdown on a slave backend

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Oct 15 14:45:27 UTC 2009

At 2:59 PM -0400 10/14/09, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>On 10/14/2009 02:10 PM, Dan Wilga wrote:
>>If I run "mythshutdown -s" (0.22-fixes) on the SBE, it seems to ask
>>the MBE when shutdown is possible, which is not what I want; the
>>value it returns seems to consider ALL recordings, not just the
>>ones that are coming up on the SBE, itself.
>>
>>Is what I'm trying to do possible?
>
>You're doing it the master backend way.  You need to do:
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/373731#373731

Thanks, that's a big help. But it seems to rely on WOL, which I can't
get to work with the NIC in the SBE. Is there any way to have it use
RTC wakeup? That does work for me.

(Granted, if the SBE is already asleep and someone adds a new program
to record that relies it, it won't be awakened in time--but that's an
understandable limitation.)