[mythtv-users] Suddenly nearly every recording is short

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:14:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM, myShade <myshade at bredband.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 19:11 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> Starting last night at 9PM and except for a couple of recordings made
>> mid-morning today every recording is coming up very short in time.
>>
>> Approximate times:
>>
>> Letterman - 7 minutes
>> Conan - 15 minutes
>> Ferguson - 10 minutes
>> NCIS: LA - 15 minutes
>> the forgotten - 20 minutes
>> etc.
>>
>> However NCIS at 8PM recorded fine as well as Stewart and Colbert
>> recorded this morning just fine. Again, this afternoon a cooking show
>> my wife records quit after about 6 minutes.
>>
>> I've looked all the log files and see no problems. In fact everything
>> looks very normal, like it thought it was recording right amount of
>> time. Letterman commercial flagging started at 12:30 which would be
>> about right for the program being completely recorded.
>>

>> I've not heard of a problem like this before. Has this been reported?
>>
>> If not then I'm leaning toward some weird hardware problem on my end
>> which is easy to guess but hard to determine. I did have my recording
>> drive go out a few weeks ago and I've been using an older 1394 drive
>> since then. I don't know how it would cause this problem and not leave
>> any messages anywhere but stranger things have happened I suppose.
>>
>> Anyway, I'd be very appreciative of inputs toward solving this issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>
> Hi.
> No resolution, but a me too...
> I also have short recordings starting 13/10
> Perhaps its time to switch trunk->.22-RC
>
> /Fredrik

No problems last night but we didn't record too much. (6 shows)

I did a reboot yesterday afternoon in case some hardware thing got
into a wrong state.

Upgrading is not a good option as it means doing 4 machines and will
likely finally break my old windows MythTV viewer which I really
depend on. If the 0.21 frontend worked reliably with the newer backend
I'd do it but I don't think that works.

Sorry you're having these troubles also.

Cheers,
Mark