[mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 12:26:14 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----
From: Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thu, October 15, 2009 3:08:42 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

George Nassas wrote:
> On 10/09/2009 10:49 AM, David Herman wrote:
>
>> *The IguanaIR is the biggest waste of $50 I have ever spent. Ever since
>

> On 2009-10-09, at 6:37 PM, Anthony Zawacki wrote:
>
>> Has been working great, though I am using a serial version, not a USB version.
>
> Just for the record I've been using the USB product for about two years as a receiver and also transmitter to control a channel master rotor. Not sure what's happening for David but it has been 100% solid for me so it can be done. I'm running debian stable but had to build my own lirc deb because it doesn't support the iguana by default.

I finally got my iguanaIR working, but it's still very unreliable.  Can you tell me what version are you using for:

libusb
kernel
iguanaIR (the latest is 1.0pre1, did you grab the .deb from their site or the source?)
lirc

I've tried gentoo (my current backend), centos 5.3 and mythbuntu 8.10 beta and all three of them give me the dreaded "transmission error".  I got the furthest with mythbuntu in that it's actually changing channels.  But after a few changes it will fail and and start throwing random errors.  Either timeouts or "transmission" errors.  Then I can kill igdaemon and lirc, restart them, and it's working again.

Before I chalk this up to an utter waste of money, I'd like to try debian stable.  So can you let me know those versions.  Also, did you have to build anything else from source besides lirc?

Thanks,
Ajay