[mythtv-users] How do I shutdown mythbuntu 9.04 FE without keyboard and mouse?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:03:17 UTC 2009

> Set up a script called lets say "mythfekill" and put it in /usr/local/bin

I think he wants to completely shutdown the frontend machine not just
close the frontend program. I think you need to checkout your settings
in the frontend. Under Settings, General, Miscellaneous there are
Shutdown/Reboot Settings. You can choose what is shown as options on
the exit menu. and you can set your halt and reboot commands. Mine are
set to /usr/share/mythttv/myth-halt.sh and myth-reboot.sh by default.
I haven't updated to .22 yet so I don't know how things might have
changed.