[mythtv-users] Fans

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:20:59 UTC 2009

I am looking for a recommendation for a fan that will be equal or better in
cooling to my stock AMD Socket AM2 fan but will not make the annoying hum
the stock fan makes.  The unit is on all the time so it should have a long
service life.  The processor is an AMD 5400+  I can't hear the fan when
playing a movie but when just sitting there reading, it is very noticeable.
 Price is a factor so that leaves out the exotics that have been in this
thread unless I am missing something.
By the way, this makes me wish I had bought an Intel processor as the 3.2G
Core2Duo fan sitting next to me right now is almost completely silent.

Allen