[mythtv-users] Firewire vs HD-PVR

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:05:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> John,
>   I have working firewire and a HDPVR. I never use anything else but
> firewire for channel changing as it is so reliable. I only have one STB and
> one recording device (HDPVR).
>
> Doug

Yes, I plan on using firewire to change the channels no matter what.
Just contemplating if its worth recording over firewire anymore or
not.  In my setup I have 2 firewire boxes daisy chained, which has
worked reasonably well for recording.  I am a little concerned about
mixing between a channel changer (only) on one and using the other as
a recording device, I still need to mess around with all of this.