[mythtv-users] CALM Act in US

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 02:59:11 UTC 2009

I know most mythtv users don't watch many commercials, but I thought
this might be of interest to some users, because the issue of
commercial loudness has come up on the list a few times. There is some
legislation set to pass in the US called the CALM Act that would put
tighter restrictions on the average loudness and perceived loudness of
commercials instead of the lax or nonexistant regulation that is
currently in place. This article talks a little about it and also
gives some interesting explanations about why changing the perceived
volume is such a complex issue:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/10/calm-act-plans-to-put-loud-tv-commercials-to-sleep.ars.