[mythtv-users] Help needed

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 02:12:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My tuner in mythtv status is unavailable. There is no live tv display.
>
> If you are seeing stuff from /dev/video1 it seems like your card is
> working and has supported drivers etc. It is probably just not set up
> properly in mythtv setup, or your channels are not set up correctly. I
> am not familiar with that card. It looks like you are setup in Poland.
> The cards, channels, listing sources, etc change from one locale to
> another. So maybe somebody in Europe who is more familiar with the
> that type of setup can help. You will want to share what you did in
> mythtv-setup. You have to set up the capture card, video source, input
> connection, and channels properly for it all to work. It is fairly
> straightforward, but any one of those could cause your problems.

Given that the card was /dev/video1, what was /dev/video0?

Sometimes devices swap device files upon reboot. /dev/video1 may have
moved back to /dev/video0 (and myth is looking for video1).

This can be caused by the kernel loading modules in a different order,
or by taking a video device (like a webcam) out of the system.